>The Hilleberg Kaitum 2 GT is an extended porch version of the very popular Kaitum 2, with an amazing space to weight ratio.
If you need a shelter that can handle the nastiest weather year-round, Hilleberg’s flagship model, the Kaitum, is a great freestanding tent.
Setup, even in high winds, is easy because the inner and fly are linked and you can pitch it in one go without worrying about the tent body getting wet.
The two massive vestibules have plenty of room for skis, snow gear, and group cooking. The tent has front and side door openings too.
Swedish manufacturer Hilleberg makes their Kaitums individually. They are all set up and inspected at its family-owned factory.
- Colour: Green
- Outstanding comfort and flexibility in design
- Ideal for mobile adventures that involve moving camp frequently
- Equally well-suited for long and short adventures
- Sleeps in comfort 2
- Total weight (kg) 3.6
- Packed size (cm) 58 x 20
- Pitching style Simultaneous
- No. of poles 4
- Pole diameter (mm) 9
- Pole material DAC Featherlite NSL Aluminium Alloy
- Outer material Silicone Kerlon 1200 3000mm HH
- Inner material 30D RS Nylon 37g/m
- Groundsheet 70D Nylon 90g/m PU 5000mm HH
- Fire retardant No
- Max. headroom (cm) 100
- Est. pitching time 6 minutes (1 person)
- Pitch size Small